Welcome to Randhir's Blog!!!

Welcome to Randhir's blog!!! You will find links to popular categories/posts on your right. If you are new here, please subscribe to our RSS Feed and visit Randhir's website at www.randhir.net

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Big Loser

#bigloser is trending on Twitter and I am considering joining it. :-)

A few details about how this works: A Sponsor is a person who cares about and feels a friend/family member needs to lose weight.A Participant is a person who loses the weight and does a good turn by getting money donated to charity with his efforts. As someone on Twitter said, instead of me donating money to the gym and not use it, let me at least get money donated to a charity and feel good about myself. No greater motivation than doing something for a social cause and boosting my self-esteem.

While at first glance, Rs. 10/person/kg might seem like a small number, it surely does add up especially looking at the way it is trending.

So, now that I want to be a #bigloser. Any volunteers who wants to sponsor me? You'll need to donate Rs. 10 per kg I lose to a charity of my choice. Please drop in a comment or send me an e-mail (arhebbar at gmail) if you want to sponsor me. :-) To make it sweeter and MOTI-vate myself to do something significant, if I lose less than 5kgs by Feb 2012, I'll match your donations.

I have to mention this just to rub it in. While this is not really the same thing, a friend Ravish (remember this, Ravi, Gops, Chandu, Mahaniya and the rest of the gang) had bet against my losing 10 odd lbs in a little over a month way back in 2006 and lost the bet as I lost way more than 10lbs. So, while I am not as healthy (unhealthy to tell you the truth) as I was way back then, there sure is potential. :-)

To ensure you don't miss any of my blog posts, please click on subscribe to add my blog in your favorite reader.

You can also follow me on twitter @rhebbar to get frequent updates on this and my other blogs along with hear from me about other things I find interesting as well as provide feedback on this post or my other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment