My reasons for doing so as against a bigger car such as a SX4 Diesel which I had almost decided upon a few days back:
- Easier Driving: I can't tell you how much easier it is to drive this car when compared to my brother's Swift Dzire which really is not as big as the SX4 I was considering. I still can't sneak through gaps as I used to with my bike. But this is probably gets me as close to that as I probably can with a car.
- Will be a lot easier for Bhagya to start driving as and when she does start doing so.
- Lower Cost: At 5.5L (On-Road), it is at half the 10L that the SX4 would have cost.
- Two other big cars at home: My brother's SX4 and my dad's Ford Ikon are still there for me to use whenever we need a bigger car. The choice for me was between this one and probably a SUV.
- Easier Maintenance: Lower the cost of the car, I was hoping lower the maintenance expenses. I did consider other small cars but decided to go with Hyundai for just service promise being better.
- Petrol vs. Diesel: The lower promised maintenance of Petrol Engines along with of course the fact that the premium charged for Diesel cars being too high for me considering the number of miles I will probably drive in a year because of my short commute to work. 12k miles (max) translates to 800liters and 24k INR in savings per year. The diesel options I considered were 7L+ atleast meaning that it wasn't that great a saving considering the supposed increased maintenance costs.
- Last but not the least, this is not going to be my last car. Let's start small and move up rather than start big and move down was the philosophy!!
I am sorry if I disappointed friends who'd suggested other options on my previous request for suggestions. Did I?