Welcome to Randhir's Blog!!!

Welcome to Randhir's blog!!! You will find links to popular categories/posts on your right. If you are new here, please subscribe to our RSS Feed and visit Randhir's website at www.randhir.net

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Coupon cutting

I've heard a lot of talk about how desis are the coupon cutters and the the cheapos and what not. The other day in Kroger, I saw an Amru couple who stunned me with the number of coupons they'd brought for one shopping session. The other lines at the cash counter had 4-5 people waiting. So I decided to go for this line with just one couple with a cart full of stuff.

Only later did I realize why people were not going into this line. I expected something like a 5 min wait at worst. By the time the cashier went through the box of coupons, the grocery total had come down from 145 to 32$, I had to wait for almost 20 mins. I had almost decided to move to another line which had 2 people in line. They really must have put in a few hours of effort into getting them all together and planning what to buy and what not to buy. Considering what the avg american makes per hour, was it really worth the time and effort? Or maybe we haven't seen the other side of the effluent USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment