Dell is looking aggressively to fill this role. Please let me know if this interests you. You can contact me at +91.9945.254.742 or arhebbar (at) gmail or @rhebbar on Twitter.
Senior Consultant, Customer Relationship Management
India (Medium Business)
With focus on the Medium Business segment, this person will act as a CRM/Database Marketing subject matter expert to drive the evolution of targeted marketing within the India team to improve revenue & margin growth.
This person will work within the Dell APJ CRM team and work closely with the local country sales & marketing teams, particularly the India team, to ensure that the medium business segmentation & analytics, customer contact strategy & marketing programs, database coverage & quality are best in class.
The candidate will act as champion on CRM strategy/database marketing execution & measurement. It is critical that the person has a strong background in database marketing strategy, program planning, test design, forecasting, program execution, measurement and analysis, and can clearly link program performance to show P&L improvements.
The position requires competencies including command skills, problem solving, organization agility, customer focus, outstanding verbal and oral presentation skills, ability to work within team and strong process orientation. Proven functional / technical ability and project management skills required. A good understanding of the India business dynamics would be preferred.
- CRM leadership / database marketing for India owning the relationship with the Country Sales GM, Marketing Director, Sales Operations and marketing team to ensure cross-functional alignment.
- Develop multi-channel contact strategies for the India Medium Business segment that optimize marcom spend and maximize customer migration and share of wallet growth.
- Ensure all contact strategies are effectively integrated across sales (SFDC, lead nurturing and management), online (email, global subscription center, white papers, case studies, product offers), direct mail and lead programs.
- Engage local marketing, brand and sales teams to ensure successful execution of initiatives with internal marketing teams, agency providers & database vendors to improve response rates & ROI through the lifecycle of database marketing/CRM campaigns.
- Manage quarterly database marketing planning process for CRM programs to build plan for database quality enhancement, segmentation & targeting, contact strategy & programs, test & measures with local stakeholders.
- Manage Medium Business database marketing measurement methodology & reporting in partnership via external partner providers to show the positive impact of CRM programs on the business performance.
- Manage the Medium Business data quality to ensure good market coverage & completeness of key fields required for effective targeted programs.
- Leverage regional / global best practices and adapt for in-country roll-out.
- To ensure that all work conforms to the agreed business processes and that compliance and best practice are met at all times.
- To act as cross APJ functional mentor for marketing teams on database marketing/CRM best practices.
- Global and APJ CRM team members
- Strategy & Planning: Local Sales GM, Marketing Director, Sales/Marketing teams, APJ CRM team
- Program development: Global creative team & local marketing team
- Improved targeting: APJ customer selections team, CRM program managers.
- Better data quality: Global & APJ database quality teams, D&B and other local vendors
- Program measurement: Global/regional analytics team, APJ reporting team (outsource)
- Functional mentor to CRM team & local Marketing Managers for performance measurement
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives? Where teams are constantly curious and different perspectives and experiences are valued? At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
Dell offers a competitive salary and bonus plan as well as a great benefit package. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com.
- 10+ years of experience in CRM / Direct Marketing/ Database Marketing with a track record of delivering measurable results. Exposure to multiple DM media such as catalogue, direct mail, email is ideal.
- In-depth experience in database marketing/CRM strategy, circulation planning, contact strategy, test design, program measurement and analysis, and CRM system deployment.
- Excellent spoken and written skills, outstanding presentation skills. Exposure to present in a senior management environment.
- Good understanding of CRM databases, targeting models and customer segmentation.
- Strong project management skills to manage a wide range of programs and thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, proactively setting the business direction + managing daily deliverables.
- Proven track record of working within a geographically dispersed, multi-functional team.
- Good organizational agility, command skills and interpersonal skills to work effectively across functions and lines of business in a global virtual organization.
- Other success attributes include being analytical, mature, results-oriented, meticulous and customer focused.
- Proficient with MS Office: MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word. MS Visio is a plus.
- Experience with Campaign Management tools such as SFDC preferred,
- Good knowledge of Medium Business (100-499 employees) segment in India, the market dynamics & effective marketing strategies to IT decision makers.
- IT industry experience preferred but not absolutely required.
- Proven track record of choosing and managing 3rd party vendors for business critical deliveries.
To ensure you don't miss any of my blog posts, please click on subscribe to add my blog in your favorite RSS Feed Reader.
You can also follow me on twitter @rhebbar to get frequent updates on this and my blogs and talk to me on anything under the sun (including investing, entrepreneurship, MBA, cricket, travel).