- Find yourself an accomodation in one of the student hostels close to campus. Some of these close months in advance - so book your accomodation the very day you know you are travelling to London.
- Try to group with > 4 people and take a bigger house for let. Works out more economical and if some of these people are non-exchange students, you won't have that many issues of a short let when you leave.
- Be Ready to take up individual accomodations in a small room with or without kitchenette for an astronomical price
- Be Ready to spend through your noses for a convenient and luxurious accomodation close to school.
- Worst case options are the Short-Let studios that are available in Plenty - Like the one we booked for 3 months. Contact me for references. This guy (Sergio) sounded very accomodating and was willing to provide us a lot of freebies for our super-long (by his standards) stay.
I am finally relieved that I can unsubscribe from the "Accomodations" discussion and stop visiting Gumtree, Flatshare and a million other sites several times a day.